Sunday, July 27, 2014

New Wonder



I wasn't around during WWII, so to me, the iconic image of Wonder Woman is Lynda Carter. A new one (above) has been recently introduced at Comic-Con.

Our First Glimpse Of Batman V. Superman Includes The New Wonder Woman

My daughter J. and I have discussed this new Wonder Woman and my daughter doesn't think she's buff enough when compared to the Batman and Superman characters.

I think she's at least as buff as Lynda Carter was, but my problem is that she looks like Xena the Warrior Princess. Since when did Wonder Woman carry a sword?

Not that I recall.

My daughter suggested that while they were ripping off the Xena costume, they should've given her a chakram to throw.

I agree.

Chime in if you know the franchises and have an opinion.

Update: Below is Xena the Warrior Princess.

12 comments:

Sandee said...

I think she looks awesome. The sword? Not so much, but she's in shape if you ask me.

Have a fantastic Silly Sunday. ☺

jan said...

What happened to the red, white, and blue costume? Is this supposed to be PC. I mean, Wonder Woman DID with WWII.

cube said...

Sandee: I think she's buff enough, but my daughter wanted Wonder Woman to look more like an Amazon...a woman with more muscles... like one of those women who wrestle professionally, instead of a model.

cube said...

Jan: I was struck by the brownness of her outfit. Wonder Woman was created during WWII and her outfit came out of America's ascent in the world, hence the red, white, and blue.

Perhaps this new Wonder Woman outfit is illustrative of America's descent.

Could it be one more thing to thank Obama's failed policies for... ruining our comic heroes?

Granny Annie said...

No sword, more cleavage and at least some red, white and blue. I mean really, what is going on here?

cube said...

Granny Annie: I don't know what's going on... the iconic Wonder Woman in my world had cleavage. Women have cleavage. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

I'm concerned about the dourness of the costume. I think I see an eagle in there somewhere, but I'm not sure.

I'm more concerned with the sword. Say what? When you go there, you're messing with the WW mythos... and that's not acceptable.

Wonder Woman didn't need a sword to kick your butt.





cube said...

Granny Annie: I'm shaking my head, as well. OK, I get that women super heroes have always looked hot, but
but where do you get off changing the entire mythos that we grew up with?

Seriously?

sue hanes said...

Cube - What's a chakram?

cube said...

Sue Hanes: If you look at the picture of Xena, the round weapon in her hand is a chakram.

sue hanes said...

Cube - Got it.

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

A Woman is a Wonder.

cube said...

Woodsterman (Odie): Some of us feel that men are too.