Thursday, October 13, 2005

Raving Neo-Sov


Former vice president Al Gore said yesterday he has no intention of running for president again [whew!] but he said the United States would be "a different country" if he had won the 2000 election, launching into a scathing attack of the Bush administration.

Here are a few of Gore's statements while at an economic forum in Stockholm, Sweden:

"We would not have invaded a country that didn't attack us," he said, referring to Iraq & Afghanistan. [We'd still be wringing our hands about 9/11, like we did about the USS Cole and the first terrorist attack on the World Trade Center]

"We would not have taken money from the working families and given it to the most wealthy families." [This chestnut never dies. Just look up the stats on who pays the most tax]

"We would not be trying to control and intimidate the news media." [Hello? When did the insistence that documents and articles be genuine and not fabrications become intimidation and control?]

"We would not be routinely torturing people." [My personal favorite. How can this nonsense be considered even remotely rational?]

I've always been bothered by Al Gore's frequent misrepresentations of reality, but I particularly dislike his flights of fancy when they occur on foreign soil.

I used to think he was just another America-bashing neo-sov, but now I know he's a raving lunatic neo-sov.

Thank goodness we are the country that we are today. No thanks to you, Al.


[The BLOG note: photo credit to Junkyard Blog . Huge hat tip to jeff/slash for being the first to coin the term, neo-sov {the direct opposite of neo-con}. Maybe he'll expound on its genesis on his blog Queequeg's View

5 comments:

Jamie Dawn said...

Gore bugs me almost as much as Michael Moore.
When Gore gets revved up and starts sounding like a preacher, he goes into another reality of his own making. Lunatic is right!

Jen said...

I'm surprised he didn't go into what he's doing with his time now. Surely with all of the extra time on his hands, he's created something even better than when he bestowed the internet upon us. Al be praised!

Voracious Reader said...

I'm back! You always have great photos. They say stupidity isn't a handicap in politics, but Gore has proved them wrong time and time again.

cube said...

Good to see you again, V.R.!
I agree, Gore gives away his insanity in deeds & in words constantly. I can't honestly believe anyone really thinks we'd be better off with him at the helm.

Jessica said...

Al Gore IS routinely torturing people. Every time he speaks, I flinch.
I once had an argument with a former co-worker about the one-time child tax credit from way back in the day. She made nearly no money and paid nothing in taxes and was mad that she wouldn't get the child tax credit check. I said to her, it's a CREDIT. It's the government giving you BACK money you PAID. You didn't pay.
She didn't understand.
And she was much bigger than me, so I gave up.