Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Saddam's Smile


In the May/June issue of American Handgunner there is a column called The Insider by Roy Huntington and it reads as follows:

"As a simple, yet self-explanatory reminder to those mindless, hash-for-brains, hand-wringing, finger-pointing, in denial, "Why can't we all just get along" whiners -- and most especially to all those unforgivable, selfish mouth-breathing sheeple who insist on calling our troops "baby killers" and worse -- I give you this photo. Lest we forget what this fight is all about, I present the criminal, the thug, the mass-murderer, plunderer -- the terrorist -- Saddam Hussein. Note the broad smile, the cigar and the airplanes crashing into the World Trade Towers next to him. Note the American soldier standing, holding up the picture. He's not smiling. I appreciate the reader who took the time send this so we could all be reminded.

We at FMG (publishers) support our troops and hope you do too. Regardless of your personal feelings about this war on terrorism and our fight to give a country back its freedom, please think hard before you launch your next tirade against our young men and women who are overseas right now. Please. They, at least, deserve our across-the-board support".

Well said, Mr. Huntington. I hope you don't mind my passing it along.

[The BLOG note: Credit goes to Jeff/Slash for bring it to my attention]

9 comments:

Jamie Dawn said...

Our soldiers have my full support and admiration.
The soldier I adopted came home this month. He served at GITMO and his tour of duty is complete. He is in his forties, and has not spent Christmas with his wife for the last four years in a row, due to his service and deployment. Our men, women and their families sacrifice a great deal. I appreciate them immensely.

Jamie Dawn said...

Oh, and I wish that our soldiers would have shot Sadaam. I realize a trial publically displays justice being meted out, but I'd much rather him be serving his sentence in the ground right now.
I hope the same for Bin Laden and the other high profile terrorists. I do not wish for them to be caught alive.

Jay Noel said...

I got to meet a guy in Texas that is with Special Ops. He's very secretive about his missions, and can't even tell his family where he's being deployed next.

He said in Desert Storm, he literally had Saddam in his sights...but he and the others in his group were given orders to NOT shoot.

Amazing.

WomanHonorThyself said...

Ya did good by posting..Keep up the good fight cube..:)

cube said...

Thank you guys for commenting. I will continue to fight the good fight, but it does get a bit disappointing when a cat photo gets 15+ comments & this one gets me 4. What's that all about? I don't understand.

Trinity13 said...

Wow, what an incredible article! And I agree 100%...we need to be focused on supporting our troops. They are fighting for each of us!!!

Kyahgirl said...

I agree, its important to remember, regardless of whether the war is right or wrong, somebody's kid/husband/wife/father/mother/ is over there, in danger. Canadian participation is different, but we still have a lot of our soldiers and sailors in the middle east, trying to support the effort.

Anonymous said...

That picture proves the proverb; a thousand words and all that.

It's good if it helps refocus the mob on the real danger the President is tasked with fighing and creates less drag. It's mostly nonsense anyway. Abu Graib and Gitmo, The Generals, IEDS, Looting: nothing but friction and misdirection. All so the Dems regain political power! Even if they kill our country to do it. Their incompetence got us here. The treason we witness daily is the very proof of Clinton's mismangament during eight years of power. They can't help Bush in any way that proves how dangerous they are for the country we know today. If you want a world government run by the likes of Blix, Annan, Chirac, Soros and that God among men; Bill Clinton, then your organ is MSM.

Come on, How about the dinasaur media have a cup of Shut the F____ Up and lets us get on with crushing the enemy with all hands on one end of the rope!

Oh and BTW, that old chestnut about the operator home from gulf war I, who had Saddam in his sights? Ask him what robin sage is or what was his BUDS class. I can now say that I have heard that tale too many times to buy it!

get some!

cube said...

Thanks for your input. I think we're all on the same page. Thumbs down for Saddam. Thumps up for our magnificent military.