Thursday, November 20, 2014

Smoothie Anyone?



A juice stand worker in Lima places a skinned frog into a blender along with carrots, the Peruvian maca root and honey. The frogs are from the Telmatobius culeus species, locally known as the Titicaca water frog. It is listed as critically endangered by the International Union for Conservation of Nature.

No wonder they're endangered... the Peruvians are drinking them into extinction.

I think I'd rather eat a s**t sandwich than drink a frog smoothie.

OK, maybe not that, but you get my drift.

*GAG*





7 comments:

Sandee said...

Yikes. Double yikes. People amaze me.

Have a fabulous day. ☺

jan said...

That sounds a lot worse than kale and broccoli smoothies that our local health food place is peddling.

I wonder why the frog is skinned. Isn't green a healthier color?

sue hanes said...

Cube - Yuck!

cube said...

Sandee: Some people amaze me while others just plain gross me out.

cube said...

Jan: I'll take a veggie smoothie all day long over froggy ones.

It may be healthy, but being green isn't easy.

cube said...

Sue Hanes: Double yuck!

Kathe W. said...

really? come on- leave those froggies alone.