Saturday, October 23, 2004

Stealing yard signs...how low can they go?




A couple of days ago, a nice Republican woman pulled into my drive way and knocked on my door. First she apologized for bothering me, and then she asked where I had obtained my BUSH/CHENEY yard signs because she wanted some for her lawn. When I offered her one of my extra signs, she told me she didn't want to take mine & merely wanted to know where she could get her own. I assured her I had extras & gave her one.

The following night, BUSH/CHENEY signs were stolen from yards all over my neighborhood, including my own. Our local Republican campaign office relates that this isn't an isolated incident, but is happening all over Florida.

The purloined yard signs were easily replaced, but as I see it, this illustrates the difference between the Democrats and the Republicans. One is a sneaky, lying bunch of fools who think nothing of trespassing on private property in the dead of night to silence someone else's freedom of speech.

The other is polite, honest, and respectful of the rights of others.

Let me ask you, which side would you prefer to see run the country?

I think the choice is crystal clear. W.







No comments: