Monday, January 07, 2008

R.I.P. Major



In case you haven't run across this...

the back story... Army Major Blogged About His Death

his last words... Andrew Olmsted's Last Blog Entry

Excerpt:

"If you have it, throw 'Freedom Isn't Free' from the Team America soundtrack in; if you can't laugh at that song, I think you need to lighten up a little. I'm dead, but if you're reading this, you're not, so take a moment to enjoy that happy fact."

Can you imagine the guts it took to write this post?

May God bless his soul.

9 Comments:

At January 07, 2008 7:17 PM, Blogger jan said...

What a remarkable post. Remarkable man. Thanks for bring it to us.

 
At January 07, 2008 8:12 PM, Blogger cube said...

I hear you. Our military is awesome. That's all I can say without getting all weepy.

 
At January 07, 2008 8:47 PM, Blogger nanc said...

i read this at drudge reTort yesterday and i sobbed - it was quite thoughtful of him if you think about it.

 
At January 07, 2008 11:11 PM, Blogger windypoo said...

A hero, plain and simple. Thank goodness we'll have guys like him to keep us company when we get to Heaven, as well.

Thanks for honoring him, cube.

 
At January 08, 2008 4:44 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Wow.

 
At January 08, 2008 4:53 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Wow, that's some powerful stuff.

Wow.

 
At January 09, 2008 4:54 AM, Blogger Miladysa said...

Thank you for bringing this post to my attention - without your blog I doubt I would have ever had the privilege to meet Major Andrew Olmsted.

 
At January 09, 2008 10:48 AM, Blogger Eyes said...

Amazing.... great American hero.

 
At January 14, 2008 12:48 PM, Blogger cube said...

Little did I know when I posted this, the Major died on 1/3/08... my birthday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home






















C-List Blogger




Who links to my website?

I adopted a virtual Squillion from the Cat Blogosphere!


Pop Culture Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory





Most Accurate Clock Ever This is the most accurate clock ever and it looks good too.


Blog Directory - Blogged

I'm # 409 Get listed at www.millionbloglist.com