Thursday, May 10, 2007

We Got Grapes



Our grape vines are coming along nicely despite the recent lack of rain. This photo
reminded me of a funny joke:

A duck walks into a bar and asks, "Got grapes?"

The bartender, confused, tells the ducks that no, his bar doesn't serve grapes. The duck thanks him and leaves.

The next day, the duck returns and asks, "Got grapes?"

Again, the bartender tells him that, no, the bar does not serve grapes, has never served grapes, and, furthermore, will never serve grapes. The duck, a little ruffled, thanks him and leaves.

The next day, the duck returns, but before he can say anything, the bartender begins to yell: "Listen, duck! This is a bar! We do not serve grapes! If you ever ask for grapes again, I will nail your stupid duck beak to the bar!"

The duck looks at the bartender and asks, "Got nails?"

Surprised, the bartender says, “No, we don’t have any nails.”

“Good," the duck says, "Got grapes?”

It's an oldie but a goody.

21 comments:

WomanHonorThyself said...

LOL...how cute!
nice vine Cube!

Jen said...

Hee hee! I've never heard that one...

Your grapes look like they're doing well.

cube said...

Glad you liked the joke :-)

RE: the vines, the last time posted about the grapes was 3/18/07 & they were barely BB-sized. Now they're big enough to tempt me into wanting to eat one just to see what it tastes like.

Jen said...

I've been telling your joke to people all day, it's a real hit.

:-D

nanc said...

we're going home to the mountain this weekend - i hope to see grapes on our vines. do you make wine with yours?

BeckEye said...

Mwah mwah mwaaaah.

Sounds like something Daffy would do. He's my hero, you know.

Anonymous said...

Hey Nanc are you a wine drinker too mate?
If I imagine you with a drink in your hand it's a can of Fosters

Lol

David Amulet said...

Sometimes the simplest jokes are the best. Thanks for my joke of the day!!

-- david

cube said...

jen: It's a good joke :-) I like the fact that it's clean too.

nanc: I don't know how to make wine, but it sounds like fun. Don't know that we'll have enough grapes with just 2 vines. We use the leaves. We stuff them with
meat & rice. Very tasty.

cube said...

beckeye: woooo hoooo. I love Daffy too, but I model my life after Bugs ;-)

cube said...

kathy: Does Fosters really mean beer in Australian?
;-)

Anonymous said...

Cubie, I think Fosters is just a beer that has been marketed for Americans.
Me.. I like Carlton Cold.

Still brewed by the people who make Fosters.

Carlton and United Breweries.

Fosters is not a bad beer , but Bud is Better, in my opinion.

Know Nanc doesn't go for Bud though.

cube said...

kathy: I was joking. Notice the satiricon after my statement.

BTW I prefer Bud Lite myself.

Anonymous said...

I knew that.. Yeah I did! Really ! Truly!( Kath Blushes)

nanc said...

foster's and labatt's blue! that way i can have something from down under and up over! kind of like a nancsandwich...only better.

cube - i think i've mentioned before that nancpop can never wait for the wine to complete - he tastes it to death!

i do like a glass of cabernet sauvignon when we bbq steaks - it just seems right.

Anonymous said...

A cab sav with a steak is a good choice Nanc!

cube said...

nanc: lol

cube said...

kathy: A dry red wine is good with marinara-based pasta dishes too. I make a mean chicken parmesan.

Anonymous said...

" I make a mean chicken parmesan."
Mmmm mmm!
I hope my dinner invitation is in the mail ebuc?

Brooke said...

Methinks that joke is based directly on Ducky. LOL!

Krispy said...

It's rare that I hear a joke that fits two important criteria: One, it's actually funny ... and, two, I can tell it to my son.

Add one more good'un to the list!