Beware of The BLOG...it creeps, it leaps, it glides & slides all over the place.
When I used to work at the hospital, they would have us sweep up mercury from a broken thermometer and throw it in the trash... Until the State inspectors came around, and suddenly there were mercury clean up kits everywhere. As soon as the inspectors left for the year, GONE.Stupid enviro-weenies.
i am going to carefully remove every single one from my home and take them to the dump to show them with a copy of this article - then i'm going to return them to wal-mart for a full refund!this is just great - what will they think of next? nuclear crockpots? asbestos underwear?
brooke: Mercury can be dangerous to children. We should be minimizing its use in our society, not increasing it. Why help the Chinese economy anymore than we already do?nanc: Did you really put those vile things in your house? Tell me you're just kidding.lol! nuclear crockpots & asbestos undies. I say no to them too.
no, they were already here when we moved in, although we did buy some replacements - now, i must go purchase some good old fashioned lightbulbs!these things are also very spendy - i think around eight bucks for two.
nanc: Be careful when you replace them. Mercury is nasty stuff & especially harmful to youngsters.
HOLY CRAP! We've got a bunch of those things. I just thought they were good money savers! Dammit, I'm going back to oil-burning lanterns. ;)
darrell: I think they save money in the short term, but it will be very costly for the US when we end up with tons of mercury which has to be disposed of safely.
Post a Comment