Thursday, May 28, 2015

Throw Back Thursday



I first posted this in 2013:


This is the latest crop of grapes from our grape vines...

It reminds me of an old joke:

A duck walks into a bar and asks, "Got grapes?"

The bartender, confused, tells the ducks that no, his bar doesn't serve grapes. The duck thanks him and leaves.

The next day, the duck returns and asks, "Got grapes?"

Again, the bartender tells him that, no, the bar does not serve grapes, has never served grapes, and, furthermore, will never serve grapes. The duck, a little ruffled, thanks him and leaves.

The next day, the duck returns, but before he can say anything, the bartender begins to yell: "Listen, duck! This is a bar! We do not serve grapes! If you ever ask for grapes again, I will nail your stupid duck beak to the bar!"

The duck looks at the bartender and asks, "Got nails?"

Surprised, the bartender says, “No, we don’t have any nails.”

“Good," the duck says, "Got grapes?”

It's an oldie but a goody.

*

Our crop this year has yielded very few grapes. Luckily we only use the grape leaves and not the grapes.

6 comments:

jan said...

Maybe you should plant a different variety?

messymimi said...

Heeheehee! Crazy duck!

You've brought back a memory -- i used to help my grandmother harvest the grape leaves so she could stuff them for Sunday dinner. Now that i think of it, i don't remember getting any grapes from those vines, either. It was all about the leaves.

cube said...

Jan: We don't grow the grapevines for the grapes. We stuff the leaves with a ground beef and rice mixture. Very yummy.

cube said...

Messymimi: I love that duck joke because it's one of the few jokes I can remember, i.e., I can tell it without messing it up.

I'm glad my post triggered the memory of you helping your grandmother. That sounds sweet. At my house, the birds end up eating the brunt of the grapes, but we don't care. Like you said, it's all about the leaves.

Sandee said...

Smart duck if you ask me. A good one indeed.

Have a fabulous day. ☺

silly rabbit said...

Ha! I love it.