Tuesday, October 19, 2004

When I said, "I don't cross picket lines," I meant...



Last summer, when John Kerry refused to cross a police picket line at the U.S. Conference of Mayors meeting in Boston, he said in a stentorian tone, "I don't cross picket lines. I never have."

Yet, on Monday night, the Kerry motorcade crossed not one, but two Florida police picket lines en route to a Get-Out-The-Vote rally in Orlando.

Perhaps this Kerry 'change of heart' was motivated by the realization that the Orlando Police Department was represented by the Fraternal Order of Police Local 25, which the local media labels as 'a Republican-leaning union'.

Does politics come into play when a cop takes on the bad guys? Does it matter whether a cop is a Republican or a Democrat when he or she takes a bullet in the course of doing their job? Of course not.

This incident makes it clear that if it weren't for the crass political opportunism at the core of John Kerry, he wouldn't have any core at all.

Obviously, what Kerry meant was, "I don't cross picket lines...unless they get in my way of a vote."

No comments: