Monday, January 07, 2008

R.I.P. Major



In case you haven't run across this...

the back story... Army Major Blogged About His Death

his last words... Andrew Olmsted's Last Blog Entry

Excerpt:

"If you have it, throw 'Freedom Isn't Free' from the Team America soundtrack in; if you can't laugh at that song, I think you need to lighten up a little. I'm dead, but if you're reading this, you're not, so take a moment to enjoy that happy fact."

Can you imagine the guts it took to write this post?

May God bless his soul.

8 comments:

Jan said...

What a remarkable post. Remarkable man. Thanks for bring it to us.

cube said...

I hear you. Our military is awesome. That's all I can say without getting all weepy.

nanc said...

i read this at drudge reTort yesterday and i sobbed - it was quite thoughtful of him if you think about it.

Unknown said...

A hero, plain and simple. Thank goodness we'll have guys like him to keep us company when we get to Heaven, as well.

Thanks for honoring him, cube.

Jen said...

Wow, that's some powerful stuff.

Wow.

Miladysa said...

Thank you for bringing this post to my attention - without your blog I doubt I would have ever had the privilege to meet Major Andrew Olmsted.

Eyes said...

Amazing.... great American hero.

cube said...

Little did I know when I posted this, the Major died on 1/3/08... my birthday.