Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Giant Manta



Fishermen In Peru Catch GIANT 26ft Manta Ray

This giant manta ray (Manta birostris) weighed in at ~ 1000 kilograms which, for the record, equals 2,204.62 pounds.

WOW!

I caught a small sting ray, about two feet across, and I've never had a fish fight so hard. I thought I had caught a whale. I was six months pregnant and my husband was afraid I'd hurt myself and offered to help me, but I was determined to bring it onto the boat on my own. I didn't know how to fillet it, so I gave it to our friend. Minutes later, I felt another huge tug on the line and sure enough it was another sting ray, a bit larger that the first one.

An exciting day of fishing, but we went home empty handed.





12 comments:

Sandee said...

I don't fish. Too much energy. I'd rather read a good book and let everyone else fish. And I have too.

I knew you were stubborn. I like that about you.

Have a fabulous day. ☺

cube said...

I find fishing relaxing except for the days of sting rays and sharks. OK, there was one stressful catch off a deck when I got a bite and my friends started yelling, "Monster! Monster!".

That's not something you yell at a science fiction fan. I almost ran away. Turns out it was just a really ugly fish.

Thanks for almost giving me a stroke, guys ;)

cube said...

Sandee: BTW as far as me being stubborn... I refuse to accept that. No way am I stubborn.

;)

jan said...

I grew up in Indiana. To me fish is square, breaded and comes in a box in the freezer section.

cube said...

Jan: Your comment is killing me. That's so funny. I'm sorry about your land-locked childhood.

Kid said...

The Stingray migration pictures are cool

WomanHonorThyself said...

I only caught a fluke once..LOL

sue hanes said...

Cube - Good for you - you are an excellent fisherman. I've never caught a sting ray - the most I've ever caught is a blue gill. :]

cube said...

Kid: The migration pics are cool. I hope they're migrating away from my beaches. They're not welcome guests.

cube said...

WomanHonorThyself: Lol. Just once?

cube said...

Sue Hanes: Bluegill (Lepomis macrochirus) make for some good eating. Wish I had caught some of them instead of the rays. I would've had a nice dinner that night.

Unknown said...

www0919
canada goose outlet
valentino shoes
jordans
golden goose
ray ban sunglasses
nike outlet
kate spade outlet
christian louboutin
michael kors outlet
ugg outlet