Sunday, August 23, 2015

Family Circus



I tried every which way to post the pic of the old Family Circus cartoon featuring the mother and father where the mom says, " When the children are grown and leave home, we two will be all we have left." The dad replies, "We two were all we had to start with."

I had cut out this comic from the paper and put it on our office bulletin board and it hung there for years. I failed miserably when I tried to post a photo of it on the blog... I blame the dreaded Microsoft 10. It isn't progress when it doesn't work better. Isn't that the whole idea behind progress?

Anyway, back to my reality, Friday night was the first night my husband and I spent without both of our girls under our roof. It wasn't long before daughter number #1 came home to leave her kitten in our care because she was going to the beach and daughter #2 arrived from Gainesville around 3 p.m. to have stuffed grape leaves for dinner.

Mom was happy to have her babies back home.

9 comments:

messymimi said...

It's always bittersweet when they leave. Don't worry, most of them don't fly so far and come home regularly for a "tune-up" of parent love!

jan said...

Having them grow up and leave home is the first step toward getting grandchildren...and that is SPECIAL.

Sandee said...

You'll embrace the quiet at some point. It's a process. Hubby and I sure enjoy just the two of us. Yes indeed.

Have a fabulous day. ☺

sue hanes said...

Cube - Glad you had both of your girls at home.

The Family Circus is my favorite cartoon.

Jay Noel said...

Family Circus...that brings back memories!

Right now, we've got a house full of loud kiddos, aged 9-15, so we're still in the middle of it. It's hard to imagine life without all the chaos. I'd have to think I'd rather enjoy the quiet for a week or two.

cube said...

Messymimi: I hope so. From your lips to God's ear.

cube said...

Jan: I hear you about grandchildren... we're over the top about grandchildren... but college degrees and marriage would be a nice preface....I'm just saying.

cube said...

Sandee: Embracing the quiet... We're working on it. My husband keeps saying, "We're alone." ... there's something ;)

cube said...

Jay Noel: Enjoy every minute of it because in the blink of an eye they'll be asking for the car keys. Then you get a different chaos...