Thursday, October 27, 2005

Beta Pose Pup



Tropical Storm Beta, the 23rd Atlantic storm this season, forms over the south western Caribbean Sea. Although this storm is not expected to come towards the U.S., now would be a good time, if they haven't done so already, for anyone living anywhere along the Gulf Coast to prepare for the rest of the hurricane season. Everyone should have, at the very least, enough water and food for 3 days!

Don't turn into one of those fools who didn't prepare, even though they had plenty of time to do so, and who are now whining that the FEMA response wasn't fast enough or good enough for them. These are the very people who are filling up on free stuff from FEMA when it's been a scant few days since Hurricane Wilma's passing.

There is no substitute for self-reliance.

We know. We've been there.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You are sooo right. I am begining to wonder why gas stations are not required to have generators. What is the point of having gas if you can't pump it.
Love the dog! My dachsund likes to sleep on her back under a blanket like a person. Course she thinks she is one.

Jay Noel said...

Your dog looks human in that chair...how bizarre.

I bet he's not dreaming of hurricanes.

cube said...

jill: Good idea. I think everyone should have a generator. At the very least, they could've filled their gas tanks in anticipation of the storm. Sheesh.

cube said...

phoenix: that's not my dog. It's a photo circulating on the Internet
that I thought looked like a dog doing an impersonation of the Greek letter, Beta.

tlm said...

Don't you just love how Jeb lectured those South Florida folks for not being adequately prepared?

I have nearly a week's worth of water stored away, and I don't even live in a part of Florida that attracts hurricanes.

cube said...

Jeb is a grown up who knows how to do his job. It isn't his fault people in hurricane prone areas failed to prepare, but he's big enough to take responsibility for their failings.

Darrell said...

Where do you find these pictures, Cube? This is so funny.

cube said...

All sorts of places, Darrell. This one came from my sister. She sends me emails that are circulating around her office. They're usually very funny, so I save them
until I can use them to illustrate a post.