Friday, February 24, 2006

Dog Book Does Good

"Marley and Me -- Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog" author John Grogan's account of his yellow Labrador retriever has been on The New York Times bestseller list for 17 weeks.

Wow. I haven't read it, but I thought it was just a book about a bad dog, but the Reuters article says, "It's about the human condition, it's about relationships, it's about family."

You know, you laugh, you cry.

Now why didn't I think of doing this first. I could write a book about my loony life with my dog Dax and her shinanegans alone, not to mention the 3 crazy cats.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

woof, woof.

tlm said...

What kind of freak would name a dog anonymous?

freethoughtguy said...

Well, it IS the Year of the Dog ...

cube said...

tlm: what's in a name? This is a dog who can TYPE!

freethinker: yes, the pups rule for now. I am a rooster & I ruled last year.

eyesallaround: beautiful words indeed. I love dogs. I also love cats. Darn, I love animals of all kinds. The world would be so much less without animals.

birdwoman said...

John Grogan is a local columnist with the Philly Inquirer and he's great. I love his writing style.

Glad others are seeing it, too.

(*)>