Monday, September 26, 2005
From Plantation, Florida, comes a story of a 6-month-old puppy who swallowed a 13-inch serrated knife.
Elsie, a Saint Bernard puppy, apparently had the blade between her esophagus and stomach for about four days before it was removed earlier this week in a 2-hour operation.
Jan Scarola, owner of Elsie and (the one holding the expensive vet bill), says she thinks one of her six other dogs -- four Saint Bernards, a German shepherd and a Labrador -- somehow got the knife, which eventually made its way to Elsie.
I can just see these dogs conversing in dog about this, "Let's give it to Elsie. She'll eat anything."
The puppy has an 8" scar, but is otherwise doing well.
Truth can be stranger than fiction.